Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Apologies, Mr. Orci. Sort of.

     I feel the need to somewhat apologize to Mr. Orci after lashing out at him on Twitter shortly before he decided to close his account.

    I did not bash him for, 'Into Darkness' as many had. I was bashing him for lying in general.

    He had made a Twitter post stating that is was hard to believe anything anyone in Washington said because they all LIE. I posted it was hard to believe anyone in Hollywood since they all seems to lie too.

   At the time Orci and company were gathering to write the script for what would be the second Star Trek movie he assured us "WE ARE NOT DOING KHAN!"

   To be clear I am one hundred percent in-line with the direction they have wanted to go from the start.  I was one of the first on the bandwagon yelling "REBOOT!", "Bring back Kirk and Spock!" and "You need a new timeline/universe so that you can re-do Star Trek and approach old stories with a new twist."

   Despite the lie, Into Darkness was, for me an incredible Star Trek film and experience.  In an interesting way it also felt more like the universe I was experiencing in Star Trek:Online!

   So. After hearing Mr. Orci stopped Tweeting or in fact did terminate his Twitter account I felt just awful for getting into his face for the initial lie... ...mostly.  He could have told us any number of things without saying, "We're not doing Khan."

   I was deeply into politics the last few years and felt Mr. Orci was one of the only kindred souls out there and miss his view points...especially these days.

   If it matters at all and despite what the majority seems to feel, I  believe in what you are doing and trying to do with Star Trek, Mr. Orci. Don't change direction.  If anything is needed, it is that I ask you please continue to look at Star Trek: Online (and the idea of TV show MMO tie-ins) as a vehicle to bring everything together to fulfill everyone's needs. Help CBS see the light.

And THANK YOU for, NIBIRU. I get it now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment